Congrats to all the Oakton rowers that competed at erg sprints this past weekend. Full results aren't posted yet, but they will be up here sometime this week. We took home several medals, and had some great finishes in tough events. We also had a number of novices race for their first time in the hugely competitive event!
- Allegra Martschenko competed in 5 events (20min, 500m, quad, double and parent/child sprint), taking home silver in the double and bronze in the quad. Most impressively, she placed 6th of 103 in the 20min race, one of the most competitive events.
- For the boys, Greg Alperi competed in two events (1500m and quad) winning the lightweight 1500m race outright (for the 2nd year in a row) and taking bronze in the quad.
Oakton medal finishes:
- Men's 1500m LWT - Greg Alperi - 1st place
- Women's 2x - Allegra and Caitlynne - 2nd place
- Men's 4x - Greg, Connor, Will, Camron - 3rd place
- Women's 4x - Emily, Megan, Allegra, Caitlynne - 3rd place
Connor Anderson, Allegra Martschenko, Andrew Douglas, Catherine Croft, Kwabena Kyereme-Tuah, Noah Ginsburg, Andrew Drozhilov, Elisabeth Dupuy, Cara Brown, Helen Dhue, Anna Alperi, Lina Kim, Champa Narayana, Ethan Waple, Eva Burghardt, Lindsay Kennebeck, Alex Upright, Rachel Akers, Max Becker, Andy Sullivan, Aiden Kuester, Kamila Mehdi, Jake MacLean, Camron Garrett, Will Brobeck, and Megan Gillen.
We also had some great parent involvement, with the dads of Allegra, Caitlynne and Eva racing with them in the parent/child dash. The Keating and Burghardt teams were neck and neck, both finishing just outside the medals in 4th and 5th place!
Coaches got into it as well, with Coach Dan winning the College Mixed 2000m relay with his GMU teammates and Coach Dane winning the Open men's 500m sprint for the 5th time.